At the Office of Student Engagement, we are dedicated to helping students find community and foster passions while developing leadership and life skills. Our values (Belonging, Equity & Access, Integrity, Learning, and Well-Being) are key to how we approach supporting Stanford communities and events.
Office of Student Engagement Values
- Belonging: "We foster experiences, relationships and environments to ensure that every student feels a firm and abiding sense of belonging and contributes to the good of our community," in alignment with Our Most Important Work in Student Affairs.
- Equity & Access: We advocate to reduce systemic barriers and create equitable access to opportunities for all students. We strive to create pathways to student engagement that are intentional and empowering.
- Integrity: We aim to embody our values in manners that are consistent and reliable.
- Learning: We cultivate a culture of curiosity and critical thinking.
- Well-Being: We approach each student interaction holistically with a focus on relationships, self-care and care for others
Need Help? Contact an OSE Intern! For most needs it is best to start with OSE Interns, who are experienced student leaders and excel with financial, banking and event-planning advice. Interns are available on a drop-in and scheduled basis several hours a week!
University policies should be followed by all student organizations in order to have successful programs and events.