Student organization leaders must notify the university if an emergency or injury occurs during a student organization event or activity.
If an incident occurs at a student group event or activity on or off-campus, the following guidelines should be followed:
- Call for help: 911.
- Immediately report emergencies to a Resident Dean, Resident Fellow or a Resident Assistant. Resident Deans can be reached through the university information number at 650-725-2800.
- Promptly report any incidents to Office of Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. If contact needs to be made during nights or weekends, the Resident Dean on duty can contact Office of Student Engagement (OSE) staff after hours.
- Injuries to students should be directed to professional university staff as soon as possible. On-call university emergency staff will oversee any emergency response once they are notified, including notification of parents and family if the situation is warranted. Injury to visiting minors should also be reported. Please see Working with Youth policy for more information.
- Students should not answer questions from the press. These inquiries should be directed to the News Service at 650-723-2300.
- Afterwards, an accident report should be made to the Office of Risk Management. See your OSE advisor for additional details.