All student organizations must be registered with the university in order to be a recognized student organization able to operate in the name of Stanford and use university and ASSU resources.
Important Things you Need to Know
- Register annually by the deadline. Organizations that are not registered with newly elected leadership by the deadlines cannot operate in the name of Stanford, hold events or access ASSU or university funding.
- Spring deadline is the Friday after commencement and allows you to operate over the summer and register events and space beginning in late spring and summer for the next academic year.
- Fall deadline opens September 1 and ends the Sunday at the end of week three.
- Recognition is required to operate in the name of Stanford. Organizations operating while not registered are doing so in violation of university policy and are subject to disciplinary action.
- Register annually by the regular deadline of the Friday after commencement. Late registration is the Sunday at the end of the third week of fall quarter and opens September 1.
- Maintain an active roster of at least 10 currently registered Stanford students.
Outgoing Leaders Update Leadership Info
Purpose. To have outgoing leaders replace their info with incoming leader info.
- You will need. Three new elected authorized reps (president, vice-president and financial officer) and seven returning members who will be registered in the fall. ***You may retain your current FO until all bills are paid.
- To update leadership: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have completed your work when you will get a message that OSE RECEIVED your re-registration.
- You are approved when you will receive a follow-up email confirming APPROVED or DEFERRED. Deferred instructions will follow.