The Stanford Fund Partnership Program Application Process
Main content start
Here you can view deadlines as well as application steps.
The Partnership Program Application Timeline - Autumn 2022
Please make sure to thoroughly read the TSFPP dates and deadlines below:
- Monday, October 3rd: STARS Training Opens
- Complete the course: TSF Partnership Program: Application Training and Program Expectations OSE-1000 through STARS in Axess (required). Completion of this course will lift your hold on GrantEd so that you may access the final application portal.
- Create a rough draft of your application using the rough draft funding application tool.
- By Friday, October 14th: FOs must complete STARS Training and submit application rough draft for feedback and review by OSE
- Once your rough draft is complete, you must send it to OSE through the CardinalEngage form (required).
- By Friday, October 24th, OSE will review and may request you to make revisions
- Once your rough draft has been reviewed by OSE and no other revisions are needed, you will use it as a guide in order to complete the final step of the application process
- Friday, November 4, 11:59 pm - Submit Official Application via granted.stanford.edu.
- You must submit your final draft via the GrantEd application portal before the deadline.
- We cannot offer any extensions for this November 4th deadline.
- Week of November 14th - Notification of Funding Allocations
- You can expect to hear back from us regarding your funding allocations by email during the week of November 14th.
- The partnership program coordinator will reach out to you regarding program expectations.
For questions about the funding application, please e-mail email@example.com, and allow 2-3 business days for a reply.
- Decide if your org's need aligns with the Partnership program and meets criteria.
- Complete the TSF Partnership Program STARS training learning module: Your org's FO must complete this to understand the overall application process, stewardship, and partnership.
- Draft an Application & Submit Rough Draft: Complete Budgeting Tool which entails breakdown all funding requests for the upcoming academic year for all categories. You can attend office hours if you have any questions. Submit through CardinalEngage Form so that the OSE Team can provide feedback within 2-3 business days.
- Make Revisions: Make revisions based on feedback from OSE staff. If you need additional guidance attend OSE intern office hours.
- Submit the Application
- You will be contacted by the Office of Student Engagement (OSE) about volunteering: Once your funding has been approved the Partnership Program Coordinator will reach out about volunteering for the broader Stanford community.
- Be strategic about who you ask for funding (Tip 1): Partnership Program funding can be used as either a supplemental or exhaustive resource for your group; however, as it is a limited fund be sure to consider all of your options and strategically use both ASSU and TSF funding and others.
- Check Criteria (Tip 1): We want to ensure that all types of groups have access to the fund, but be sure to make sure that your org and your funding requests meet our criteria. Look at the Partnership Program Criteria tab for overall requirements and to see all of the activities/programs we fund.
- Adequately plan out your budget and reference our guidelines when thinking through requests (Tip 3): Please request all funding rounded to the nearest dollar. You will have to submit a detailed request breakdown for each activity and program and its corresponding requested funds in your application. In addition, think through your volunteering timeline and options to ensure an overall positive partnership during the year! Following funding approval, you will have to meet with the Partnership Program Coordinator to create and submit this plan.
- Open communication! (Tip 4): When in doubt, reach out and talk to OSE staff - both when applying to the Partnership Program or during! We are open to working with our student groups and want to ensure that this funding can best be used to meet your needs! If you have changes throughout the year or uncertainties - just email or talk to us!