Main content start
Students representing student organizations cannot negotiate, make an offer or sign a contract without prior review and approval for Office of Student Engagement staff.
- No student leader should sign a contract or other written agreement (e.g. service agreement, hotel agreement etc.) in the amount of $500 or more without an Office of Student Engagement (OSE) co-signature. Some contracts also require a signature from the ASSU Financial Manager. To do so is against university policy. This includes any type of initial offer, either verbal or in writing.
- Student organization representatives should never commit to an arrangement with a performer or vendor, either verbally or in writing, until they can verify they have funds sufficient to cover all expenses and that the activity has been approved by the university.
- No student organization or student leaders can agree to have their event filmed or videotaped without approval by the Office of University Communications, done well in advance.
- Student organizations should not create or use membership agreements without consultation, review and approval by Office of Student Engagement.
- Deposits are not allowed without prior OSE approval
- Office of Student Engagement has a short list of "preferred agents" that regularly work with the university and know and agree to our standard contract terms. They work well with students and know the university well. Use them.
- The university has standard contract templates and expects them to be used.
- A contractual agreement includes additional costs beyong a performance fee. Other standard costs include airflight, lodging, ground transporation, food, a technician and guests traveling with the performer or speaker.